The Night Jesus Came To Visit
(By: Abby B. Conley)
I was either five or six years old (I can't remember for sure). I shared a bedroom with my little sister at the time. I had been sleeping. When I awoke, I was sitting straight up in my bed. There stood Jesus Christ, just above my sister's bed (her bed was right next to mine). A peace came over my young body. Although I never met Him before, I immediately knew it was Jesus! He did not speak to me out of His mouth. He spoke His thoughts into my mind. He simply told me not to argue with my sister. My thoughts raced, I wanted to explain why I argued with my sister. Jesus knew what I was thinking. Before I could utter a word, my thoughts were seized, and a knowing came over me. I simply was being told, and I did not need to provide Him with an explanation. I don't remember Him leaving, nor going back to sleep. This entire interaction lasted five seconds. The next day when I awoke, and for months after that, I could not stop thinking about His visit.
As my life unfolded my parents abandoned me after years of emotional, mental and physical abuse. At the age of 12 my parents paid to have me live in a Girls Ranch for seven months. The program did not feel that I belonged there, and released me back to my parents. My parents told me to leave and never come back within weeks after I returned home. I then became a child of the streets in Phoenix, Arizona. Many bad things happened to me during this time in my life. I had no home, no money, food was hard to come by, and I remember not wanting to live during most of those long years. My parents had thrown me away, like trash. They simply could not be bothered with a child they did not want. My spirit broke.
When I was 16 years old, the Phoenix court system had heard about my situation, and I became a ward of the court. I was placed into a foster home until I was 18 years old. I would grow to an adult, still broken. I abused drugs, and alcohol. I tried very hard to take my life on two occasions.
I learned some things about Jesus Christ in the five seconds I spent with Him as a child. As I grew even older, I often meditated on that visit. It turned out to be what fixed the brokenness. Here is what I learned:
- Jesus Christ knew what was going to happen to me, years before it happened.
- Even if we do not have parents in this world, we have a Father in heaven.
- He cares about us, even when no one else does.
- He knows what we think, and what is in our heart.
- He can communicate to us, without speaking.
- Although He came to me first, it took me coming to Him before I could start living life in the light.
- Jesus had wisdom about not arguing with my sister. I know that her lifestyle today has everything to do with the abuse that she suffered as a child at the hands of our parents. In many ways my sister suffered a worse fate. She lived with abusive parents, until she was a young adult. The short time she and I would share together should not have been wasted in quarrels.
- I was blessed to be thrown away, because Jesus caught me.
- Jesus had long brown wavy hair. He had a white robe on, and He stood in the air with confidence and ease (much like we stand on earth or solid ground). I am 42 years old as I type these words, I have never seen anyone in our world with that ability besides Him.
Psalms 27:10 "When my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up."
Thank you and God bless you for reading my testimony! If you would like to talk to me or need some more hope and encouragement, please feel free to email me (just click on my name). I would love to help you in any way I can.
Dear Reader - are you at peace with God? If not, you can be. Do you know what awaits you when you die? You can have the assurance from God that heaven will be your home, if you would like to be certain. You can even have that assurance RIGHT NOW! Either Jesus Christ died for your sins, or He didn't (He did!). Are you prepared to stand before God on the Judgment Day and tell Him that you didn't need the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the Cross to have your sins forgiven and get in right-standing with God? We plead with you...please don't make such a tragic mistake.
To get to know God, to be at peace with God, to have your sins forgiven, to make certain heaven will be your home for eternity, to make certain that you are in right-standing with God right now ... please click here to help you understand the importance of being reconciled to God. What you do about being reconciled to God will determine where you will spend eternity, precious one. Your decision to be reconciled to God is the most important decision you'll ever make in this life, because in Christ, it is impossible to put a value on the worth of your soul in light of eternity.
PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU SHARE THE BEST NEWS GOD HAS FOR EVERY PERSON BECAUSE...
JESUS DID IT! and...
Remember: All that we do in this life comes back to our God-given purpose which is to serve and glorify God. The money and assets we accumulate, the fame and power we've attained or seek to attain - all of the things of this nature will one day pass away, but those lives of others we impact for Jesus Christ will last for eternity, and we will be rewarded for the part we helped play by impacting those lives ... for eternity. (Matthew 6:19-20 is our assurance)